1. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
2. COOKIEs POLICY
3. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website, app or other platform stores on your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other similar device with information about your browsing and use, like a tag that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary, for example, to facilitate navigation and to understand how users interact with the platforms, so as to enable their improvement. They are also very useful for displaying advertising in line with user preferences, as well as for other purposes described below. Cookies do not harm your computer or device.
When we speak of “Cookies” we also mean other similar technologies for installing and/or collecting information on your device (such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels, HTML5 [local storage] and SDK technologies for app formats). In addition, the term “Cookies” also applies to the use of fingerprinting techniques, i.e. techniques for combining information that help us identify your device. Occasionally, these technologies work in tandem with cookies that compile and store information, either to make certain features or services available to you on our Platform or to present you with third-party advertising that is compatible with your browsing.
This explanation is an overview of what is meant by Cookies, for information purposes only. The specific Cookies we use are described in the Cookies configuration panel, accessible on our Platform.
What types of Cookies are there? This section provides an overview of the types of Cookies that may be used in an online environment.
Depending on their owner, Cookies can be classified into:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a device or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the platform or service requested by the user is offered.
- Third-party Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified into:
- Strictly necessary (technical) cookies: These are those that enable the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on them such as, for example, to control traffic, identify data or the session, access restricted access sections or content, remember the integral elements of an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, manage payments, control fraud linked to the security of the service, use security elements during navigation, request registration or participation in an event, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, loading animation of a text or image) or share content via social networks. Technical cookies, being strictly necessary, are automatically downloaded whenever they are needed to display the platform or provide the service requested by the user.
- Functionality or personalisation Cookies: these cookies remember information so that the user can access the service or platform with specific characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user conducts a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser used or the region from which they access the service, etc. Failure to accept these Cookies may result in slow performance of the Platform or poorly adapted recommendations.
- Analysis Cookies: These cookies quantify the number of users, the sections visited on the platform and how they interact with it, in order to measure and statistically analyse the use made by users, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use of users of the platform or service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are those that store information on user behaviour, obtained through the continued observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to show advertising or specific content accordingly. These cookies allow the most effective management of advertising spaces or related content that may be included by the editor, directly or in collaboration with third parties.
What are Cookies used for on our Platform?
Cookies are an essential part of the functioning of our Platform. The main purpose of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience easier and more efficient. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) during navigation and on future visits. We also use our Cookies to continually improve our services and the Platform, as well as to offer you content according to your browsing habits.
The information collected in Cookies also enables us to improve our Platform by estimating statistical data and usage patterns (number of visits, most visited sections, length of visit, etc.) and to statistically understand how users interact with the Platform, with a view to improving our services, adapting the Platform to your individual interests, speeding up searches, etc.
In any case, the Cookies that we use never store sensitive information such as passwords, personal data, etc.
On accessing the Platform you will be asked whether you accept the Cookies Policy or not. It will therefore be the user’s decision to accept cookies for better browsing or to refuse them each time they access the Platform.
Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies on our Platform is used exclusively by us, with the exception of the Cookies identified in section 2 as “Third-party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services designed to improve our services and the user experience when browsing our Platform. Additional information available in the Cookies configuration panel, accessible at any time on our Platform.
4. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may change the information contained in this Cookies Policy whenever we consider it appropriate. We recommend that you consult this Cookies Policy from time to time in the event that minor changes or interactive improvements have been made; we remind you that this Policy is always available for information on our Platform.